Friday, December 2, 2016

Detour!





Have you ever had one of those cards when no matter what you did you made a mess of it? Well this card was that for me! I don't know what happened to me but I could not do a thing with this card without making a mess. I colored the digi without too many mishaps. Then the fun began. I decided to add some pretty glitter for sparkle, but as I so carefully tapped by card over my glitter pan I managed to knock over the glitter bottle, which I had forgotten to put the lid on and promptly knocked the bottle upside down on my lap. Did I mention I was wearing black jeans at the time. Yes, they still sparkle after several washing's. Then since I had done such a brilliant job with the glitter I thought a touch of liquid glass on the beaks and carrot nose would  be a nice touch. The liquid glass bottle was getting toward the bottom and the opening to the bottle was plugged. So I took my trusty pin and cleaned out the tip and then gave the bottle a sharp shake with the tip down. Yes, you guessed it a huge blob of liquid glass landed on my card. No, problem I will just cover the shiny blob with a wooden snowflake! Of course I thought a glue dot would be the way to attach the snowflake, but then I put it on crooked. When I tried to lift it off I broke the snowflake. Three snowflakes later I had that mess covered. Since I was on such a successful streak with this card I decided to die cut some glitter foam I had on hand. No problem it cut out nicely! So I ran it through my Xyron. As I was taking the die cut off the Xyron paper it began to stretch and stretch. I must have spent twenty minutes trying to skootch (my word) the letters back together. At this point I put away my fun flock that I was going to put on the fur on the snowman's hat. Enough was enough, I couldn't handle one more mess! The cute stamp is a "Wee Stamp". No snowmen or snowbirds were injured or harmed in the making of this card!
I am entering this card at the following challenges:

My Song: Detour (Willie Nelson)
Headed down life's crooked road lot of things I never knowed
And because of me not knowin' I now pine
Trouble got in the trail spent the next five years in jail
Should have read that detour sign
Detour there's a muddy road ahead detour paid no mind to what it said
Detour oh the bitter things I find should have read that detour sign
I got stuck in the mud all my hopes dropped with a thud
And I thought that my heart strings were made of twine
But the father I go the more sorrow I know should have read that detour sign
Detour there's a muddy road ahead...
Should have read that detour sign should have read that detour sign

No comments: