Thursday, December 8, 2016

A Little Too Much Glitter?









Have you ever had one of those days when you have made a card and everything just goes wrong? Well, this card was one of those cards. I have this beautiful window card die from Queen & Co. So I got the brilliant idea to make a snow scene and add some glitter for the snow drifting in the windows. Sounds easy right? It should have been but as sometimes happens a few interruptions and I realized I had left out the glitter in two of the windows...no problem!  I thought I would just ease up foam on the right side and slip in some glitter. It sounded simple but it wasn't I ended up somehow getting the glitter on the sticky side of the foam and then it didn't stick down as firm as it should. So, I picked the card up and all but a small amount of the 'extra fine' glitter poured out on me. I quickly reached for some quick drying glue to solve the problem and knocked the bottle of 'extra fine' glitter in my lap. I was so fortunate that it landed upside down emptying the entire bottle on my black jeans. They still glitter after several washings.  By this time I needed to get this card in an envelope as I was headed to a party and using this card for the birthday greetings. So, I gave a card that only had drifts on one side! LOL! 
I am entering this card at the following challenges:

My Song: Let It Snow
Oh the weather outside is frightful
But the fire is so delightful
And since we've no place to go
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow
It doesn't show signs of stopping
And I've brought some corn for popping
The lights are turned way down low
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow
When we finally kiss goodnight
How I hate going out in the storm
But if you really hold me tight
All the way home I'll be warm
The fire is slowly dying
And my dear we're still goodbye-ing
As long as you love me so
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

1 comment:

WJ said...

This is such an elegant card. Love it!