Saturday, October 29, 2016

That's Not A Mommy!

The  inside of my card!

This is my last Halloween Card! It is for my youngest grandson Lincoln. The digi stamp is from Lemon Shortbread. It is called Mummy trick-or-treat. Lincoln will be three in January. He asked me what this was and I told him it was a 'mummy' he said, "that's not a mommy!" It made me laugh and I thought you might enjoy this story. 
I colored the image with Copics and then fussy cut it and mounted it on my card with foam squares. I added some Nuvo Glitter glue for stars in the black background. It really sparkles and adds so much dimension. I framed the stamp with a die cut waste piece. It worked perfectly with this stamp and I just softened the card stock a bit so I could manipulate it around the stamped image. I added some fine wire for the pumpkin handle. A bit of ribbon added a bit of extra color and pop to the card. I also added some 'google eyes' to the little mummy peeking around the costume plaque. I cut the mummy head out of the DP and just popped it up with foam squares. the sentiment is from a stamp set I bought in a $1.00 bin and I colored in the letters. 
I am entering this card at the following challenges:

My Song: The Curse (Josh Ritter)
He opens his eyes, falls in love at first sight
With the girl in the doorway
What beautiful lines, how full of life
After thousands of years what a face to wake up to
He holds back a sigh as she touches his arm
She dusts off the bed where till now he's been sleeping
Under miles of stone, the dried fig of his heart
Under scarab and bone starts back to its beating
She carries him home in a beautiful boat
He watches the sea from a porthole in stowage
He can hear all she says as she sits by his bed
Then one day his lips answer her in her own language


No comments: