Sunday, October 11, 2015

Country Girl




 It has been a hard week-end at the Chapman household. Our beloved pet, companion and devoted protector of 15 years had to be put down. Shela, a goofy, loving, gentle, yellow lab mix came into our lives on Halloween. She was a pound puppy that was going to be put down when we rescued her. She had been abused in her short life and was leery of us at first. Soon, she learned to trust us and gave us all the love she could. She left a big whole in our hearts and we shall miss her. We were blessed to have her love and devotion. 
On to my card. The image is from Sherri Baldy and was something cheerful for me to make. I colored the image with Copics. A ticket sentiment, strawberry buttons, and a pretty ribbon and bow completed my card. 
I am entering this card at the following challenges:

My Song: Country Sunshine (Dottie West)
You say you love me and it's inviting to go where life is more exciting
But I was raised on country sunshine
I was raised on country sunshine, green grass beneath my feet
Running through fields of daisies, wading through the creek
You love me and it's inviting to go where life is more exciting
But I was raised on country sunshine
I was raised on country sunshine, I'm happy with the simple things
A Saturday night dance, a picture show and the joy that the bluebird brings
I love you, please believe me, I wouldn't want you to ever leave me
But I was raised on country sunshine

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Amazing colouring Great work! Thank you so much for playing in our neighbourhood 613 Avenue Create this week. Hope you stop by to play again next week.
Keep Smilin',
Stacey xxx
613 Avenue Create DT
Lasata's Crafty Hideout {My Blog}

Crafty Judith said...

Great job and thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams Playground Judith DT x

Unknown said...

Wonderful card! So vivid! So sunny! I love this image - it so cute! And you coloring is amazing! Thank you very much for sharing your beautiful creation with us at 613 Avenue create! Good luck and hope to see you soon!
Sasha