Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Indian Summer?

 A closer look at the image.
 A closer look at the triple bow and daisy!
 A look at the fabric covered, wooden butterfly!
 The inside of my card!

I think this is one of my favorite "Wee" images. Although, I will admit that every time I use one I say it is my favorite. I love the sweet faces and find they are appropriate for all ages. Since I just wanted to color I have left the sentiment off this card and will stamp it later when I decide what I need it for. The DP is all from my scrap box and since it has glitter it was extremely difficult to photograph. I can't decide if it is because I have a cheap camera or I just plain lack skills in this area! I colored the image with Copics and added a bit of Spica pen to the gold on the head band for some sparkle. I would not have ordinarily combined kraft and grey together, but the striped DP had this color combination so I went with it! The wooden butterflies are from my stash. I loved them when I bought them several years ago but have never used them before this. I hope you enjoy this little card and you are enjoying the beginning of summer. Blessings!
I forgot to mention my bow! I am a follower of Gail at Lacey Lassy and her cards have the most beautiful bows! She has inspired me to "bow up"! LOL! So you can plan on seeing more bows in the future! Thanks Gail for all your encouragement!
I am entering this card at the following challenges:

My Song: (The Cowsills) 
(Let's go to) Indian Lake
Is a scene you should make
With your little one
Keep it in mind
If you're looking to find
A place in the summer sun
Swim in the cove
Have a snack in the grove
Or you can rent a canoe
At Indian Lake
You'll be able to make
The way the Indians do
The inspiration photo from Creative Colors

16 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful card and cute image thanks for sharing!!!

Becky said...

I know what you mean, I have so many favorites :).. This is gorgeous and colored beautifully.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is gorgeous and you have coloured her beautifully. Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this week.
Lorraine DT

Janie Printz said...

Such a cute image Patty & wonderfully colored. How in the world did you cover the buttons with fabric, they are fantastic...
hugs, Janie

Tina Goodwin said...

Fabulous card! I love the image. It's beautiful. You did an awesome job coloring her. I especially love the hair. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs,
Tina
TTCRD DT
Toadally Love To Craft {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

What I Created Next said...

Stunning colouring. Thanks so much for entering the Digi Choosday Use Some Kraft Card challenge (DT)

Sabrina Jackson said...

Patty Sue, your card is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for taking the time to play along in our Creative Colors Challenge! Please make sure that you add the inspiration picture to your Blog to be eligible to win! Hugs, Sabrina (CCC DT)

María Pilar said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at CCC. Good luck!!!!!
Could you post our inspiration picture on your blog?
Hugs
Maria Pilar (CCC DT)

chanya13 said...

Beautiful card!!! Lovely image and card design too. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Colors Challenge. Agnieszka DT

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Hi,

You're card is stunning. Wauw

Thanks for joining us at CCC and good luck.

Hugs
Claudia
DT CCC

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Hi,

You're card is stunning. Wauw

Thanks for joining us at CCC and good luck.

Hugs
Claudia
DT CCC

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Ooh I LOVE this. Gorgeous image (I coloured this up recently too). Stunning job colouring this gorgeous stamp. Hugs, Wends x

Martha Lucia Gomez said...

Great card! I just love the colors and the adorable design!
Martha Lucia, Creative Colors Challenge, DT

Anonymous said...

what a super cute card and lovely colouring too! GREAT HAIR!
Thanks for Playing along with us this time at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

Gail said...

Congratulations on being chosen Top 3 at Top Tip Tuesday! This card is awesome and deserves the award!! Hugs, Gail

Scrappy Scatty said...

How lovely
Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday
add some Kraft challenge
xx