Saturday, December 20, 2014

Christmas Mail

 A closer look at the image.
 A look at the flowers.
 Another Christmas card. I have enough Christmas cards made for my needs. But, I thought I would take some to our local nursing home and share with the residents there. I feel terrible as I don't remember the maker of this image. I received it and two others when I was asked to be a GD for a month. I made my cards and sent them in but they were not published. I then contacted the owner and she had forgot them. It was a mix up but rather disappointing to have made the cards and not have them featured. So, I guess I will have to be the one who asks for for forgiveness as I cannot remember the artist. (This getting old is terrible!) Anyway. It is a fun image and a fun color. I am not sure what color the post boxes are across the pond, but here they are a dark blue. As you can see I chose not to use that color. I added some pretty paper lace. The one on the right is from a Cherry Lynn die and the one on the left is a Magnolia die. The poinsettias are from a die that my dear friend Elaine sent me and I have used it for several years, for both cards and scrapbooking.  The circle sentiment is from Lily of the Valley. I added some glimmer spray that a dear friend that passed away this year had sent me. Just a fun little card that will hopefully put a smile on someone's face this Christmas holiday.
I am entering this card at the following challenges:

My Song: A Beautiful Life
Each day I'll do a golden deed
By helping those who are in need
My life on earth is but a span
And so I'll do the best I can
Life's evening sun is sinking low
A few more days and I must go
To meet the deeds that I have done
Where there will be no setting sun
The only life that will endure
Is one that's kind and good and pure
And so for God I'll take my stand
Each day I'll lend a helping hand
 

3 comments:

Glenda said...

This is just beautiful. I love the image, your coloring and all the wonderful details! Sending Merry Christmas wishes to you and yours!

Marilyn said...

Their loss that they forgot to publish them because this is gorgeous... cute image and I love those poinsettias.

Becky said...

What a fabulous card Patty. I love this image, so cute,

I am so sorry to hear about your brother. I will be remembering you and your family in prayer.
sending you hugs & blessings :)