Friday, September 12, 2014

Amanda, You Made Me Smile




Today many of us in the Paper Crafting Community are mourning the loss of a very talented lady, Amanda Reed. You can click here to go to Amanda's blog. I will truly miss seeing her lovely work which always inspired me to do better and challenge myself to try new things. It was Amanda who encouraged me to take the Kit and Clowder Hair and Skin coloring class. (I have only had one lesson but can't wait to take the rest.) Amanda blossomed the last few years and her work was some of the best you could find. She was excited about winning a spot on Heartfelt DT and I think she would have made it as her talent was so fresh and fun. I will cherish all the homemade cards she sent  me and the funny, quirky, silly e-mails we shared back and fourth with one another. My heartfelt sympathy goes out to her husband Joe, (she adored you) her mom, her sister, and all of her extended family. Her life was much too short and a shinning star went dark with her leaving. 
This card is dedicated to Amanda. She would have seen the humor as I sent her a doll for her craft room one Christmas. She told me that it WAS NOT what she had expected and that she really wasn't into dolls, but she did have it sat on a shelf in a place of honor in her craft room. LOL! That was our Amanda! I thought the sentiment was perfect as Amanda always made me smile. I hope each of you will take time today to show a little kindness to your family and friends. Tomorrow is not promised and we need to cherish today. 
I am entering this card at the following challenges (for you Amanda!)

My Song: Who Am I
When I think of how He came so far from glory
Came to dwell among the lowly such as I
To suffer shame and such disgrace
On Mount Calvary take my place
Then I ask myself this question
Who am I?
Who am I that The King would bleed and die for
Who am I that He would pray not my will, Thy Lord
The answer I may never know
Why He ever loved me so
But to that old rugged cross He'd go
For who am I?
When I'm reminded of His words
I'll leave Him never
If you'll be true I'll give to you life forever
Oh I wonder what I could have done
To deserve God's only Son
To fight my battles until they're won
For who am I?
Who am I that The King would bleed and die for
Who am I that He would pray not my will, Thy Lord
The answer I may never know
Why He ever loved me so
But to that old rugged cross He'd go
For who am I?
But to an old rugged cross He'd go for, who am I?
 
Rest In Peace Amanda. Thank you for being my friend!

13 comments:

Julie P said...

Such a lovely tribute Patti, Amanda will be missed, rest in peace lovely lady
Hugs Julie P

Janie Printz said...

Patty my heart aches with the loss of this lovely lady but I'm sure your card would still make her smile. She will be missed so much & she truly was a shinning star in the crafting world.
Hugs, Janie

Gail said...

what a beautiful tribute ..amanda will be so missed..gone too soon..tfs this..loves ya

Becky said...

What a fabulous card for such a sad time.

Glenda said...

What a lovely tribute to your friend. I'm sure she is smiling!

Ginger said...

I'm so very sorry for your loss. May God rest her soul & bring peace & comfort to her family & friends. God bless... <3

Turtle In The Sand said...

A beautiful tribute to your wonderful friend. Amanda encouraged so many of us. RIP Amanda. I hope you find solace in your special memories.

paper fun said...

So sorry for your loss. Amanda sounds like a real special person to a lot of people.

Your card is beautiful. What a precious memory.

Thank you for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity and Alphabet Challenge blog.

Mari

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

A lovely tribute to Amanda Patty Sue. I'm sorry for your loss. I never knew Amanda, but she was dear to one of my lovely blog buddies, so I mourn for you both today. Hugs, Wends x

Mrs.B said...

This is so pretty
Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenge
Avril

Only By His Grace said...

Such a beautiful tribute.
Hugs Maz

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

What a gorgeous tribute to Amanda, she would be so pleased to see this. Fantastic colouring of the image on a beautiful card.
Thank you for joining us at Delicious Doodles this week.

crafty creations said...

What a wonderful tribute to an amazing lady

Hilda x