Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Peaches and Photo Inspiration!


 A closer  look at my image!
 Wooden butterflies and rhinestones.
 Another look!

I was so excited to see this lovely Image from THE PAPER SHELTER! You can find this lovely image here!
this week our fun challenge is a photo inspiration! Use the beautiful colors in this photo to create an entry for our challenge. Remember "IF" you use a fabulous Paper Shelter image you could win $30 to spend in the store and that will buy you many beautiful images! 
Now for my card, I loved this image from the moment I saw it. I grew up in this beautiful valley that I now live in. When I was a child through my teen years I worked in the local orchards to make money for school. Picking peaches always came at the end of summer and often I could only work on week-ends as school had started before the peaches were ripe enough to pick. I still remember the itchy peach fuzz but the peaches were so yummy. I colored my image with Copics and added some wooden butterflies that I also colored with Copics. I added a bit of Stickles to the edge of the butterflies wings and pearls to the center. I also added some pretty rhinestones to show movement of the butterflies. A pretty bit of lace and a dotted ribbon finish off this fun card. Don't you love the sweet face on this cute image? Please join us for this fun challenge! I can't wait to see what you come up with. 
I am entering this card in the following challenges:

My Song: Trisha Yearwood
Katie's sittin' on the old front porch
Watchin' the chickens peck the ground
There ain't a whole lot goin' on tonight
In this one-horse town
Over yonder comin' up the road
In a beat-up Chevy truck
Her boyfriend Tommy, he's layin' on the horn
Splashin' through the mud and the muck
Her daddy says he ain't worth a lick
When it comes to brains, he got the short end of the stick
But Katie's young and man, she just don't care
She'd follow Tommy anywhere
She's in love with the boy
She's in love with the boy
She's in love with the boy
And even if they have to run away
She's gonna marry that boy someday

6 comments:

Nannieflash said...

Hi Patty wow I love the strong colours youve chosen to use, this is one stunning card. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty, love the sweet image, nicely done
Hugs Julie P

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Gorgeous!!!! Our peaches come at the beginning of summer and are gone by the time school starts. I always made my kids go pick peaches at least once for the experience . Peaches are my VERY FAVORITE. A few times we have lost the entire crop due to a late frost. Anyhow ....gorgous card!

Gail said...

WOW WOW WOW. This card is right off the charts for me. I adore it. I LOVE the image and you've colored her beautifully! And the papers and the ribbon and lace and the bling...wow oh wow, this is MY type of card!!! I love this and it's getting an A++ in my book! Hugs, Gail

Ruth Ann Hunter said...

Patty this card is a work of art, love your colors and all of the embellishments. You are right this image is a real doll and your coloring is outstanding. We always stopped along the road side to buy peaches when we were going to North Carolina in summer from Florida. Miss the juice running down my arm since we moved to Montana. hugs, Ruth Ann

Becky said...

OH Patty, this is fabulous. Adorable image and love all the cute little details.