Friday, March 21, 2014

My Mom

A metal heart frame.
A closer look!
Today is my moms birthday. Although she went home to be with the Lord 13 years ago I still miss her and often wish I could talk to her once more. When I was younger she sewed all my clothes and this dress makes me think of one she made me when I was little. I hope if your mother is still with you that you will cherish the times you have  together. Now onto my card.
I love pink and green together, maybe it is the fact that it makes me think of spring. I love this cute little image from SC and I think the pink and green looks perfect with it. I added som liquid glass to the hearts and the hair bow. Liquid pearls to the little dots around her and a touch of Spica pen added lots of sparkle to this image. Some pretty paper lace and a sheer ribbon finish off my card.
I am entering this card at the following challenges:
My Song: It Was Mama
Who's the one who tied your shoe when you were young
And knew just when to come and see what you had done?
Mama, oh Mama
And who's the one who patched your eye and told you not to cry
'Cause he was too big for you to try?
Mama, Mama











4 comments:

Glenda said...

What a sweet tribute to your Mom. I miss mine also. Sometimes I just wish I could call her once more. Love the card; just a really cute image and your coloring is just perfect! Have a great weekend!

Amanda R said...

How sweet Patty! I am having lunch this weekend with my mom so your post really hit home, I am very thankful to have her still with me.

Becky said...

What a sweet tribute to your Mother Patty. Beautiful card and wonderful colors.

Anonymous said...

I love all the pretty girlie cards you've been making , such sweet images and beautifully created, This is a lovely tribute to your Mum
Have a lovely weekend
Hugs julie P