Monday, September 23, 2013

All I Want For Christmas Is You!


 
I was feeling a bit frustrated yesterday so I made a card to sooth my jangled nerves. As many of you know six months ago our church was burned in an arson fire. We are just now reaching a point where you can visualize what our once gutted church is going to look like. Yesterday someone came by and somehow got behind a security fence. They proceeded to steal a stack of bricks we had removed from the church and had plans for using elsewhere. I am just heartsick that someone did this. I and several others have worked on a "Restoration Committee" to try and put our church back together. It was disheartening to think someone would stoop so low and steal from the church. This was a perfect way to unwind and forget for a moment. I know that this problem is a small one on the big scale of things.So a few hours in the craft room helped.  
I am slowly working on my Christmas cards. I was just dying to color this cute little image. I added sparkles for the snow, fun flock for the fur on the jackets and hats. I added liquid pearls on the falling snow. I cut the image and the circle frame with a CM cutter and then distressed the edges.  I added some ribbon snowflakes and a bit of Spica pen. So there is lots of sparkles on this cute image. Little rhinestone hearts finished off this fun card and it is one more to add to my stash and remind me to worry about what is in my heart and not the hearts of others. 
I am entering this card at the following challenges: 

My Song: All I Want For Christmas Is You
I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is you, yeah.

5 comments:

Glenda said...

Patty, I'm so sorry to hear about the stolen brick. I have such a hard time understanding what motivates someone to do this type of thing. You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Unknown said...

That is one of the sweetest images ever. Your coloring is perfect. Thank you so much for joining us this week at 613 Avenue Create!!

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Patty! So sorry to hear about the challenges your church has faced recently! But, since we cannot see "the end of G-d's plans," I think you will just have to wait a bit longer to see how he grows the entire congregation spiritually and otherwise! As David said: "I was young and now am old but I have never seen the righteous forsaken or his seed begging bread."

Your card is adorable! I love the way you framed your focal group and your great choice of colors and background papers! Very nicely done! Thanks for dropping this off by our house here at 613 Avenue Create!

Be well,
Chana Malkah Harris
Owner

Nannieflash said...

Hi Sweetheart, a stunning card I love how youve coloured it, and the glitter looks fabulous to. Im so sorry to hear about your churches loss I hope that the thief gets a guilty conscience and brings the brinks back, its such a pain when something like that happens. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Amanda R said...

Wow, how have I missed so many of your posts? I know the brick thing happened a bit ago. Anyways, I LOVE this card, it is so quaint and I love the soft colors with the deep red. And yes, you may set it aside as my xmas card, you're welcome.