Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sweet Fairy



I took some time to play today. I bought this digi image several months ago and just today colored her up. You can find this image at "A Day for Daisies". I  used a beautiful Spellbinders that my sweet friend Wendy got me. Doesn't it look lovely with this image? I added some pretty Gerber daisies and a touch of lace to finish off this card. My sentiment is from "My Favorite Things" and was a gift from my pal Elaine. (I was really spoiled on my birthday this year!) The DP is from "The Paper Shop". I love this pad of pinks! I added a bit of glitter on the wings of this cute fairy to make them sparkle. Just a fun birthday card to add to my stash. I hope your week-end was filled with blessings. We have so many fires burning around us in Idaho the air is smokey and temps are 100+ I am ready for fall! 
I am entering this card at the following challenges:
My Song: (really old) Gerry and the Pacemakers
I stand out of sight
And watch as the light from the sun
Shines through her hair
From yonder she came
I don't know her name
Still I love that girl on a swing

13 comments:

Marilyn said...

This image is so delicate and sweet! Such a pretty card!

Jenée said...

Marilyn, that image is from A Day for Daisies. They are one of my favorite stamp companies. You've done a lovely job with the image (which I also have, but haven't coloured; need to get to it), and your card is very pretty!

Jenée said...

Oops, I meant Patty. Saw Marilyn's comment above mine as I was typing and picked up her name instead of yours. My apologies!

Glenda said...

This is such a gorgeous card! So much attention to detail! Hope you have a great week!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Fabulously gorgeous! And all the textures and elements make it even more awesome!

Anonymous said...

Delightful image, very sweet Patty Sue
Hugs Julie P

brenda said...

This is so very pretty Patty Sue.

Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations this month.

B x

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie this is just gorgeous, hugs Pops x

Dianne said...

Hello dear Patty, I'm finally getting caught up on my visiting, I missed so much, 7 gorgeous cards you made, everyone of them beautiful, love the card you made for Jade that image is so sweet,make a wish is outstanding work, well it's been a pleasure to visit you and enjoy looking at all your lovely cards, thanks for sharing and have a great week..

Judy McKay said...

Pretty card. Love those green eyes. thank you for joining us at Come and Get It this week. Judy

Amanda R said...

Oh wow! This is so delicate and lovely, gorgeous card Patty! You are making me want to buy this image...and I have a feeling several more if you keep showing them!

Francesca said...

A very Pretty card , thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations

Francesca x

Sally H said...

What a sweet creation! Thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations for our Wings and Things and a Touch of Vintage theme. Good Luck!