Saturday, April 13, 2013

The Heart Won't Lie

This is a SC image I have had colored for ages and just not been inspired to use. Today I wanted to make a card for a special friend to encourage her and let her know I was praying for her. So, I dug through my scrap     box and thought the soft colors worked well with this image. Plus it is a great way to use up some scraps. I colored  the image with Copics and then added some extra fine white glitter to her winds. I colored my pearls with my Copics so they would match  my paper. 
I am entering this card in the following challenges:
My Song: Reba
Looking back over the years
Of All the things I've always meant to say
But words didn't come easily
So many times through empty fears
Of all of the nights I tried to pick up the phone
So scared of who might be answering
You try to live your life from day to day
But seeing you across the room tonight
Just gives me away
Cause the heart won't lie
Sometimes life gets in the way
But there's one thing that won't change
I know I've tried
The heart won't lie

7 comments:

Glenda said...

This is such a sweet card and I just know your friend will love it. It's always nice to know that someone is thinking of you!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

The beautiful colors with the lovely pastel papers work beautifully together along with the soft sheer ribbon. What a good friend you are.

Sandy said...

Love those sweet papers and your coloring is wonderful. Beautiful card!!
Sandy

Janie Printz said...

What a sweet thoughtful lady you are Patty ... Your friend will love this beautiful card ...

Dianne said...

The colored images is perfect with them, colored beautifully I might add I know your friend will looove it I would Miss Patty Sue..

Ellen Taylor said...

Fabby coloring! Your friend will love it!

Loopylou. said...

cute card Patti sue, I love the sparkle on her wings!
Thank you so much for joining us over on the SC challenge blog
hugs Lou x