Wednesday, January 30, 2013

All Wrapped Up!!







Is anyone ready for spring and tired of the 'cold' weather? I for one am ready for a bit of sunshine and signs of spring! If I could just get the weather to co-operate! At least we can still have fun with some of those winter stamps! I fell in love with this little guy from THE PAPER SHELTER. He has the sweetest face  and you can tell he is warming his little bottom. You can find "There's a Penguin in my cocoa! "Here! This is also a versatile image as I used my paint program and erased out the Christmas tree. I added a computer generated "Happy Birthday" as I am using this for a 'guy' birthday card. I colored my image with Copics and Shinhan Maarkers. I used a MS punch for the icicles and added Stickles to make them shine. The bottom card I used Stickles on the leaves that were made from a C.C. die cut. The paper lace is also a Magnolia die cut! Our challenge this week at  The Paper Shelter is "All Wrapped Up" ! If you hop over and take a look at the lovely entries by my teammates you will also see we all had a different take on this theme. I can't wait to see what your take is. Remember if you use a Paper Shelter Image you can win $30 to spend in the store!
My  Song: You'll Never Walk Alone
When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark
At the end of the storm
There's a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of the lark
Walk on, through the wind
Walk on, through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown
Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone 

5 comments:

Nannieflash said...

Hi Patty wow two stunning cards I love what youve done with the birthday one, and the flowers on the other are gorgeous. That song is just so lovely. hugs Shirleyxxx

Glenda said...

This made a beautiful card! Such a cute image and all the layers and the sparkle on everything! Gorgeous!

Becky said...

How adorable! Cute image and fabulous coloring.

Dawn said...

So Cute! Love how you have transformed this adorable little guy to help celebrate a birthday. Both cards are gorgeous.

Hugs, Dawn

Amanda R said...

Ok, this is just super cute! I would love to have a pet penguin! Your coloring is lovely, those ribbons have some great depth and of course the glitter, ahhh, the glitter. Hope it isn't all over you too!