Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Just Around the River Bend


Have you ever made a card where you had a different plan when you began and then you just went somewhere totally different with it? That is what happened to me with this card. I had such a good time coloring this sweet image from The Paper Shelter, that I lost myself and just enjoyed crafting.This card is for our next challenge at The Paper Shelter! I also have some exciting news for you! IF YOU USE A PAPER SHELTER IMAGE you are eligible to win a $30 gift certificate!
We have a fun challenge for you this time "Punch It"! Dig out those fun punches and grab a Paper Shelter Image and join in the fun.
I used the "Spring Princess" Image, but chose to do a Christmas card with her. As you can see she is such a versatile image that she would work with any season. I hope  each of you are having a wonderful week that is filled with blessings!
I am entering this card at the following challenges:
 
My Song: [Pocahontas]
What I love most about rivers is:
You can't step in the same river twice
The water's always changing, always flowing
But people, I guess, can't live like that
We all must pay a price
To be safe, we lose our chance of ever knowing
What's around the river bend
Waiting just around the river bend
I look once more
Just around the river bend
Beyond the shore
Where the gulls fly free
Don't know what for
What I dream the day might send
Jut around the river bend
For me
Coming for me
 

7 comments:

Nannieflash said...

Hi Sweetheart, I dont know how you remember all those songs, but that one is just so right for this image, and wow what a stunning card I love how youve coloured her and layered her up. hugs Shirleyxxx

Glenda said...

When I sit down to create, usually all I have in mind is an image. I just color my image and then just go with it. Granted, many times, I'm digging in my stuff to find things that go with my image, but to me that is the fun of being creative. I love this one...the colors are so bold and beautiful. Have a wonderful day my friend.

Janie Printz said...

So happy to see you posted this beautiful card Patty. She's a keeper for sure & love the red & black colors you've chosen. So wonderfully colored as always & really like your different border dies.
Hugs from VERY Smoky Montana, Janie

Jovan said...

Beautiful card!

Ruth Ann Hunter said...

Patty, this is such a pretty card, love the way you used the red and black together makes it truly a stunning card.
hugs, Ruth Ann

Eileen said...

Patty this is gorgeous. Love the colours you have chosen, so stunning with the black contrasting the red. Beautifully coloured. Love it
Eileen x

Amanda R said...

I love this card, absolutely love it! The black and red look so pretty together and I think you chose your embellishments perfectly! Hope all is well out your way!