Sunday, March 25, 2012

Dandelion Girl

Do you remember blowing on dandelions and watching the little fluffy seeds fly off in the air. It is such a simple joy and a great reminder of the beauty in the world God has freely given us. You might have guessed that this particular Whimsy stamp, called "Dandelion Girl" is one of my favorites! Since I felt this card was reflecting nature I decided to use my new Mushroom Border Die. I am in love with this die and you can create so much deminsion with it. I must admit that I usually grab my Leafy Branch die and Phlox Flowers as my go to and make my card pretty dies, but I know I will be grabbing the Mushroom Border for many cards. A few lacy butterflys with some lovely pearls. (BTY they came off a store bought card I received at Christmas!)   I have (oh I am a creature of habit) used my beloved Copics to color my image. You can find all of these products at All That Scraps....an so much more....there are some fabulous new products for March. Have fun and enjoy!
A quick update on my son Jeff. He met with the surgeon who said he would not need sugery (a praise) but he could not bend, lift or sit for prolonged periods for six weeks. Jeff is a Project Manager for a construction company. So, this will not be easy for him. His sweet wife works part time to carry insurance for the family. So, Jeff takes care of the little boys when she works evenings and week-ends. We had planned to go and help them but they are tough (my grandson's term for anyone who lives in Wyoming!) and have decided to weather this storm on their own. Please keep them in your prayers.

My Song: hmmm this is a hard one.. how about a Beatles song!
Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away
Now it looks as though they're here to stay
Oh, I believe in yesterday.



17 comments:

Sandy said...

A lovely card, love the mushroom border and the cute image.
Sandy

Donalda said...

hon this is just gorgeous !!!! I so love the mushroom border you used and those butterfly's are so adorable. Your image is colored beautiful as always dear.
I am so glad to hear your son does not need surgery. You all are in my prayers dear. Hugs

Glenda said...

Your card is adorable and I love the mushrooms! You bad girl....now I'll be humming "Yesterday" all day today!

Mau xx said...

Love the card Patty, the image is wonderful..we have a bit of fun here with my hubby and dandelions..lol he will do anything to stop them getting into his lawn.
Prayers for all the family, That things go well. xxxxxx

craftieodmae said...

absolutley gorgeous, I love your coloring!

The Other Patti Sue said...

So keeping you and yours in my prayers! Hope Jeff makes a full recovery! Love your beautiful little card... brings back childhood memories!

Valarie (vampme3) said...

Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog. I just checked out yours here...and I love your work also. Becoming a follower too. Thanks again!
Val

The Little Stamper said...

Hi Patty Sue. Thank you so much for the lovely comment that you left on my blog. Just wanted to let you know that I think your cards are gorgeous too and I am now following your blog as well. Isn't blogging great!!

Sharon x

Pat said...

Pretty butterflies and mushrooms. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

June Nelson said...

Just beautiful and I remember the dandelion cocks no doubt about it, love it darlin hope your keeping ok xxxxxx

Sharon said...

A cute little stamp and beautiful card. Thanks for joining our challenge at Totally Gorjuss this week. hugs Sharon

Jenny said...

ooooh! I love that mushroom border and such a sweet image too. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

Michele Spera said...

Beautiful job! I love the added butterflies and mushroom border:-) coloring is very nice too:-) Thank you for joining us at CMC
Hugs
Michele

Pamela said...

Beautiful card and such a gorgeous image. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin'

Pam x

Amanda R said...

Adorable Patty and your coloring is wonderful, great job on the folds and love the butterfly, perfect touch!

Pia S said...

Cute image and nice colors. Love the little mushrooms at the bottom. A sweet card,

Designing with Debbie said...

Such a sweet card. Beautiful coloring. Thanks for playing along with us here at Speedy Fox and Friends challenge, we hope to see you again next week. Make sure to check out our challenge with Friends of SpeedyTV for more fun and more chances to win with Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.