Saturday, January 14, 2012

"JUST SMILE"



I am sorry these pictures are so crummy. It is a dark, dreary, cold day and I just couldn't get a good picture. I and a BFF took one of the most fun scrapbooking classes I have had. Our class was held at "Scrappers and Stampers Delight" in Boise. Our helper was "Vanessa". She is so much fun and a former roller derby athlete. She made the class fun and I wanted to send her a card and thank her for all her help. I instantly thought of this Kenny K image, which is really a hockey/ice skater. But, with my trusty paint net I was able to make a few minor changes and make her work for the front image on my card. (I took out the hockey stick and added wheels to the skates!) I also used my new MFT oval die, My sentiment is from SU and the lace trim is from Magnolia dies. It felt nice to play a bit today! I have been missing my craft time!
My Song: (Nat King Cole)
Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though it's breaking
When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by
If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through for you
I am entering this card at the following challenges:
http://designed2delight.com/blog/

3 comments:

Donalda said...

Boy you are on a roll dear. Love this !!! We are having some really cold weather here, ready for spring lol Hugs

The Other Patti Sue said...

She will LOVE this! Super fun!

Kathy said...

So cute, she will love this very personalized thank you. So glad you joined us at Designed2Delight this week for our heart challenge.