Sunday, October 9, 2011

"Second Hand Rose"


Growing up my parents didn't have much money. My mom could stretch a dollar and make the most of what we had. I often received second-hand clothing. My mom was a master with a needle and thread and she would remake the hand-me-downs into something new for me. So, I instantly feel in love with this image from Krista Smith you can find the image here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SaturatedCanaryDigis 
I colored my image with Copics. I wanted to keep the card very simple. I had a 'creepy cloth' that I found at the local dollar store and tied it into a knot. I thought it gave my card a 'tattered' look. I hope you enjoy this card and that your memories are filled with love and joy! Blessings!
My Song:
Second hand shoes second hand clothes
 they all call her second hand rose
They all think they're pretty smart
 but rose don't have a second hand heart!



3 comments:

Linda said...

OMG GF, This is simply amazing!! The colors are so pretty!! You really out did your self on this one!! LOVE IT!!
Hugs, Linda

Amanda R said...

My mom was the yard sale Queen. Even had a bumper sticker that said "I brake for yard sales". Love that orange, wonderful coloring on it!

The Other Patti Sue said...

I'm still the yard sale queen LOL! Love your card... you've colored her attire to perfection!