Wednesday, October 5, 2011

"Santa Baby"


I had a good play time with this card. I had read somewhere that finger nail polish is a fun way to add a different look to die cuts. So I made a trip to the local Dollar store and picked up a bottle of black, red, gold and purple polish. I am sure the cashier was thinking I was way out of my league with those color choices. LOL! I used the red on the edge of My Spellbinder Die cut and on the the snowflakes. I sprinkled the snowflakes with glitter, but then wished I hadn't as I really liked the look with just the finger nail polish. It dries fairly fast, but depending on the brand also depends on the 'quality' of brush you get with the bottle! I definitely will try this technique again! This cute stamp is from SN . I added flock to the fur on his suit and hat. I added a sheer ribbon and a charm to complete this Christmas card.
My song:
Santa baby, slip a sable under the tree for me
I've been an awful good girl
Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight!

1 comment:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Great tip! This is such a fun festive card!