Wednesday, October 19, 2011

"Go Light Your World"


I am still learning about merging images. This is three images merged. I think like everything else it takes practice.  I also don't know why my reds are looking so orange IRL they are red. (A photographer I will never be!) I think Mo Manning has some wonderful holiday images. I colored this image with Copics. I added liquid glass to the lamp post light and glitter to the snow. I used my Cherrylynn dies for the poinsettias and added pearls to the centers. A double Christmas ribbon bow finishes off this Christmas card.
My Song: Go Light Your World
There is a candle in every soul
Some brightly burning, some dark and cold
There is a Spirit that brings a fire
Ignites a candle and make His home
So carry your candle, run to the darkness
Seek out the helpless, confused and torn
Hold out your candle for all to see it
Take your candle, go light your world!

May you be the light in someones life today! Blessings!

6 comments:

Linda said...

WOWZER!! This is so beautiful.. You did a fantastic job merging the images.. And they are colored beautifully..Love the poinsettias too.. very beautiful card!!
Hugs, Linda

Sara I. said...

Love the poinsettias and fabulous ribbon!! This is colored to perfection! Thanks for all the sweet comments on my blog - your visits always make me smile :))

June Nelson said...

Beautiful my freind!!! your mergeing is brilliant too, mind you I think you make your own songs up he he I couldnt sing along to this again boo hoo andyou know how I love my morning chant!!! have alovely day xxxx

glenda said...

I wish I knew how to merge! What program do you use? This turned out so cute. I purchased these images from Mo Manning and I just would love to be able to do this merge thing! Your coloring is beautiful and the card turned out just too cute!

craftieodmae said...

simply beautiful, love the layout and the image!

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMY... you've outdone yourself on this one GF! So many wonderful elements showcasing this image perfectly!