Tuesday, September 20, 2011

"Rain"

This is another Krista Smith image call "Rain". A great image to practice my shadows and highlights on. (I do wish I had printed her off a tad bit bigger). LOL! I used all scrap paper on this card. That is one of the reasons I decided to color her with the blue and green colors. She looks as if she might be a very practical girl. She is heading for a party but is bringing her umbrella and boots just in case! LOL! I added a lovely bow from seam binding....THANKS Amanda! The seam binding is green with some blue tints that went perfect with my card. I added a tiny mulberry rose and a bit of Stickles. Paper lace from a die-namics die  and rhinestones finished off my card.  Because the wind is blowing her hair this is my song for the day!

Way out west they got a name for rain and wind and fire
The rain is Tess, the fire is Joe, and they call the wind Mariah
Oh, no, Mariah blows the stars around and sends the clouds a-flying
Mariah makes the mountains sounds, like folks up there were dying
Mariah, Mariah, they call the wind Mariah
I am entering this card at the following challenges:
http://anythingchallenge.blogspot.com/
http://digitaltuesdaychallenge.blogspot.com/
http://tuesdaytaggers.blogspot.com/

12 comments:

Linda said...

HI Girl friend,, Boy you've done so many Gorgeous cards, while I was away.. Im absolutely lovin all of them..Adorable images,beautiful besigns, and details.. Very lovely work on all of them..
Hugs, Linda

Glenda said...

If you snooze you lose on this blog! I turn my back for one minute and I'm so far behind, I think I'm in front! Love these cards you are doing, those images are adorable! And as always your coloring is wonderful. As for the song....yes, I remember! girl...you are putting music in my head!

The Other Patti Sue said...

There's the song... LOVE it! She is adorable a decked out in boots and umbrella! I'm afraid the rainy days are on the way )0=

Becky said...

Beautiful card, love the image and the coloring is fabulous.

Meggymay said...

Beautiful card, love your song choice as well. Thankyou for joining us at TioT's this week. Yvonne

Kathleen said...

Great card, what a fab image and you have coloured her wonderfully. Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes
Hugs Kat

Nannieflash said...

Wow Patty youve been a busy girl while Ive been away, there is some awesome and stunning cards Ive missed. I love this little mite though and I agree with you over her hair. take care hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Unknown said...

Great card Patty!! I love the coloring... she is so cute in her green and blue dress!!!
hugs

coldwaters2 said...

This is one gorgeous card the image is beautiful the design and colours look wonderful thank you for joining us at Digital Tuesday this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Joanie said...

Love the image and beautifully coloured, thank you for joining us at Anything Goes

Hobby Musician Keyboard said...

Dear Patty,
I Just arrived at you blog. Oh my, do I love your art and creative mind! I'll be watching this blog closely, thank you for giving us so much of your time and mind. You make so wonderful and lovely works! I enjoyed the visit on your site. Many thanks for your beautiful inspirations!!
Many warm Hugs from Marina from Germany
I invited you gently to visit my creative Website: Bettyscardsandpaperdesign.com

Natascha said...

Lovely creation! So cute and matching, lovely colors. Thank you so much for joining us at Digital Tuesday. Good luck!

Hugs, Natascha