Monday, March 14, 2011

Grammy & The Boys--Bedtime Stories

Does anyone else have a card that just mucks up and doesn't come out quiet like you thought it would? Well, this is my card! I have had this paper from DCWV for a long time. I thought it would be perfect for this card, but somehow it just didn't work out. I had it all glued together and so it is what it is. Then I had a big bubble in my liquid glass bottle and squirted it across a big area, twice I stuck my hands in the liquid pearls.....oh what a mess. I do like my cute Mo Manning image as it makes me think of my grandsons. I hope they will always have a love of books. I colored this image with Copics and framed it with a Nestability die.. I used a MS punch for the paper lace, liquid pearls, liquid glass (too much) and a tag, a white ribbon to finish my not so MOJO Monday card.
I am entering this card at the following challenges:

8 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Just because it didn't turn out like you imagined doesn't mean it's not awesome! This totally rocks! I love your dp it's perfect!

LINDA said...

Patty, this is just adorable.. I had to giggle at your little happy mistakes.. I do stuff like that all the time..And more times than not, my cards never turn out how I have planed them.Anyways I love this little Mo's image. I just bought two of them today.. Hugs, Linda

Michelle said...

Hi Patty

I think this card is wonderful even if it isn't how you imagined it.

I have so many disasters just like yours with my cards. I'm kinda glad to read that it doesn't just happen to me, lol.

Michelle :-)

Glenda said...

I never seem to have a plan when I make a card and I always work backward to what everyone else does. So mine are all just what they are! I think this is wonderful even if it wasn't what you planned. I am loving all the layers you are using!

Nannieflash said...

Hi Sweetheart, your card is stunning so stop worrying, we all have major dissasters and your not the only one, mine are generally when I try to mount up my image it always goes crooked, so I have to try and remove it and try again, which isnt easy if youve used foam pads. with hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

Amanda R said...

Just messed up my liquid pearls the other day by setting something on them and had to scrape them off and start over. You are the only one to notice the "errors" and if you send this to the grandkids all they will see is you and the love you put into it. And now it is Tuesday, not Monday anymore so you are safe.

Highland Monkey's said...

I often have things that take a different direction! Looks lovely, well done

Elaine said...

Patty...most of my cards don't end up the way I had them planned out in my head. Some are happy accidents and some are just plain accidents!
It's still a wonderful card even if you had some little hiccups along the way.
No child is ever bored if they love to read, I can lose days in a good book, and when I've finished reading a really good book I always feel a little sad..It's like saying goodbye to a friend. Does that make sense or am I weird??

Love & hugs Elaine xx