Saturday, October 2, 2010

"Coffin Treat Box"



There are lots of chances  to win  prizes today over a OSAAT challenges today Don't miss it! enjoy all the fun and see some really great designs. You could even win some of the fabulous prizes! Don't miss it....win it!
I found this cute little “Coffin” on Martha Stewart's Blog. I thought it was just perfect for this cute little witch from “Stitchy” you can find this image and so many more cute ones at http://stitchybearstamps.com/

I used a tan piece of card stock that I had on hand and stamped it with a ‘crackle’ stamp from SU. I colored my image with Copics and then cut out each piece and glued them to the coffin lid. I filled the inside of the coffin with some candy corn (I did have to sneak a few pieces.) and added a ‘ghost’ made out of a tootsie pop, tissue paper and some goggle eyes. I then tied a few strands of rope (gotta keep the ghost in the coffin) and two beaded pins for the coffin handles. I plan on making another coffin and shipping them off to the grandsons for a fun little Halloween surprise.
I am entering this at:
http://stampchallenges.blogspot.com/
http://stampinfortheweekend.blogspot.com/
http://stampitcrazy.blogspot.com/
http://audsentimentschallengeblog.blogspot.com/2010/09/challenge-12-and-winner-of-11.html

21 comments:

Tracey said...

This is so cool!

Thanks for joining us at SFTW & Good Luck!

Hugs
Tracey
x

Betty said...

Wow this is a super Halloween project, great for the kids, a wonderful creation love it.
Betty x

LINDA said...

Oh now this is just to cute.. Your Grandson will love getting one of these.. Very lovely work.. Love it.. Hugs, Linda

Ellibelle said...

OMG this is fantastic. Love how you decorated the outside and I just LOVE the inside. So fun!
Thanks so much for sharing it with us at stamp something.

The Other Patti Sue said...

What an adorable project! Spooky,spooky!

Unknown said...

Patty thank you for your kind comments on my blog. This is fab, I love it & am now to search for Martha Stewart site to see it for myself.

Josephine said...

So cute!

Laney said...

WOW!!! Patty I am lovin this..fabulous project hun
hugs
laney

Love crafts forever said...

This is one fantastic project. Love it. You can enter it to StampitCrazy. Hugs, Nat.

Madison said...

This treat box is really cute xoxo maddie

Choccy said...

Oh Patty thats a fantastic project. I love you treat coffin box.
Choccy xx

Love crafts forever said...

Thank you so much for playing with us at StampitCrazy. This is soooo Spooky, and awesome.
Hugs, Nataliya.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh I just love this, what a fantastic idea!!
hugs shell xxx

Carol Ann said...

This is just so much fun, a brilliant idea!
Carol Ann xx

Julie said...

Love it! Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.
Hugs,
Julie

Dragonlady said...

HI there

What a fabulously creepy creation. Thank you for playing at Aud Sentiments.

Hugs Ali x

Unknown said...

Fantastic project, love your ghost. Thanks for playing along at Aud Sentiments. Cheers Suzanne

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Patty this is fabulous what a great little project love that ghost in the coffin with all them sweets, thank you so much for sharing this with us at Aud Sentiments
Hugs
Lorraine x

Audrey said...

What an adorable treat box. I love it. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments and don't forget to enter in our October monthly drawing going on right now.

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

This is so cute! Thanks so much for playing at STAMPIT CRAZY this week:)

Ruthie said...

Wow - this is very cool - love what you have done with it!

Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments

Rx