Saturday, October 23, 2010

"The Real Queen of Our Household!"

I thought I would share with you the ruler in our household! Shela came to us nine years ago. She was a pound puppy and the day we got her was to be her last. She has brought us unending love, laughter and at times frustration. She has a sweet, gentle nature, we have always joked she would lick an intruder to death! She has also 'snuck' in on our bed to have a nap in the sunshine. I have a blanket on our bed to protect it from these little naps but, as you can see, she is only half on it. LOL! I urge anyone who is considering a pet to check out their local shelter. Have a blessed day!

4 comments:

Amanda R said...

My kitty Lucy is a shelter kitty too. Would get another if Joe would let me, darn allergies!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Awwww she looks so sweet! Dogs rock... can't imagine life with out my two!

Viv said...

What a darling! We have a blankie on the bed too but often find one of the little dogs burrowed down between the sheets! LOl!

Glenda said...

What a cutie! Just love those pound babies! All of our 5 are rescue animals except for Maggie (Magpie) She was the first of this lot and purchased with my Christmas Money...The reason we have so many is because we just have a soft spot for any little creature. If we could feed them, we would have more....Glad you shared your picture with us!