Tuesday, October 5, 2010

One More Halloween Card

This is one of those cards that just didn't quiet come together. I love my dp, it was a scrap from long ago and I loved the warm rich colors. I wish my picture was better but, it is a cold, rainy, dismal day and I just couldn't get the light I wanted. I am considering disassembling this and starting again. My image is a Magnolia that I colored with Copics. I framed her with a Nestability die as is the sentiment. I hand stamped the sentiment with an alpha stamp set that I have had for years. I add a little Spica pen glitter to give her some bling. The acorns are felt and don't standout like I would like. I also added some glittery foam leaves. I will re-post this card after I rework it and see if I can come up with something a little more pleasing. I hope each of you will remember that is is just paper and we can redo our not so pretty cards.

2 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Well it's pleasing to my eyes! We all have creations we aren't all that happy with! I just had one myself! I just chalk it up to experience! This is adorable!

Amanda R said...

Well, other than it is a maggie (ha ha), the only thing I would change is the fact that her dress is purple and the background is more fallish than Halloween but I think you colored her great and the paper is gorgeous. Maybe an image with a mouth would help (I crack myself up sometimes!)