Friday, July 30, 2010

Happy Birthday

Just a fun little card to use one of my "Inky Impression" stamps. I have such fun with those stamps. I used all 'scrap' pieces of paper on this project. I love using up those scraps. The card stock is a creamy colored brown. I add a dark chocolate brown that I embossed with a cuttlebug (flower) folder. (Sorry I don't know the name!) I used a nestability to cut out the pendant and repeat the creamy brown in the center. This was punched with a SU scallop punch. I colored my image with copics and then paper pieced her top, hat, patches on the jeans and the bottom strip on the jeans. If you have never paper pieced this is more work than it appears. I mounted my image with dimensional tape and popped the flower with a small dimensional. I added some paper flowers and stamped the sentiment with a happy birthday stamp from SU.

3 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Now this is down right adorable!I love paper piecing... reminds me of paper dolls when I was a kid :0)

Jessica said...

WOW. I love this card! You have done an awesome job :)

Benzi said...

So adorable and your paper piecing looks great. Wonderful nestability you used. Thank for joining the Stamp B this week.